Thursday, April 16, 2009

Barbie Jeeps, Mustangs, and Escalades, Oh My!

When I was a little girl all I ever wanted was a Barbie Power Wheels Jeep. I was convinced that if having a status at age 5 was possible, this was the only way to attain it.

Unfortunately, my parents couldn't afford to give me a $400 set of kiddie wheels (understandably), therefore I was left to lust after the other kids I knew who had one. But in all reality, I only knew one kid, my cousin, who had the boy version of the Barbie Jeep, so I guess I wasn't the only kid who longed for something more than my trike and radio flyer wagon.


In the spirit of reminiscing, I thought I would see what kind of Barbie wheels are out there today at the power wheels site, and let me tell you: they have outdone the old days of Barbie Jeeps and Corvettes. What was once my childhood dream is now child's play compared to what they have now....

Feast your Eyes on the Barbie Mustang and Barbie Escalade....

... both cars boast chrome rims and the Escalade even has a "hybrid" decal on the back of it. Is this so that young environmentally friendly tots can show off their love for Mother Nature?? Seriously people?!

Does anyone else find this funny yet outrageous at the same time? People actually buy these for their kids??

It's no wonder kids are obese, they probably just cruise around their neighborhood in their Barbie Escalade and don't even know how to ride a bike! I mean, how can a bike even compete when the Power Wheels has a REAL FM radio!?! No joke.

I'm off to the park to find the elusive bike riding, baseball playing, swing set swinging child that I'm afraid is now extinct. Wish me luck.

-Katie

2 comments:

LWLH said...

Yeah right they're not even at the playground, they're still posted up in front of there PS3

Unknown said...

you are just jealous because you want one!!!