Friday, April 10, 2009

Sick? Who me?

I hate being sick, I hate being cooped up in the hosue, and both of these have been my fate as of recent. So yesterday I said screw this, I'm going to the gym anyways, and I'm going to an event on campus anyways.

I use to work for the Event Planning Dept. on campus, so I thought it would be fun to go to the event and see all of my friends from college. They were hosting San Jose Taiko, and it was free! So you can't get much better than that.
The drums were so loud!
It was insane how all of them were in sync and how much noise they could make
Overall it was pretty fun, and a nice way to get out of the house. I suggest if you are ever bored on a weekend, look up what events are happening at your local college/university, most events are open to the general public and are usually really cheap if not free.

Unfortunately, I'm paying the price for my night on the town by feeling worse today than yesterday. I woke up drenched in sweat again last night, even after using less blankets and sleeping with the window open. So I'm throwing in the towel and going to Kaiser for a 10:40 appt.

p.s. has anyone else seen the car chase that happened this morning in LA? I don't know if this makes me a bad person for thinking its hilarious, but this lady is an idiot for running from the police, and she made a few moves that I couldn't help but laugh at.

-Katie

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I was fascinated by the car chase! That woman was pretty nutty. Don't feel bad, I laughed too.