Thursday, April 30, 2009

Does this only happen to me?

How come every time I go to the gym I see some form of genitalia? I mean, I understand it's a gym locker room and people change, but these people have NO SHAME.

Today there was a lady just sitting there with NOTHING on just rummaging through her gym bag... really, you couldn't look for whatever you are looking for BEFORE you got naked? If you are at least trying to change but are facing away from the rest of the people in the locker room or trying to cover up with a towel or something- then yes, that I think that is fine. But to those who don't even attempt to be discrete, I just don't get it.

I guess I'm just not that comfortable with myself/my body to go stripping down the in gym locker room, especially when there are perfectly good stalls near by that yield more privacy.

Either way I change at home.

-Katie

5 comments:

jlc said...

Hahah!! You should see peeps in France! They'll change right in the middle of the store! No fitting rooms necessary!

I'm all about being proud of your body. But there is a level...

c said...

I change at home, too! people are just far too strange for me...

Maryellen said...

I wouldn't even be naked in front of my sister!

Jen McCrady said...

i'm the same way! it makes me so uncomfortable!!

LWLH said...

lol..I have no problem being naked but the gym is kinda gross to be just walking and sitting around bare assed.