Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

...I graduated from Sonoma State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications Studies and two Minors in Business and Anthropology.

Our school has two ceremonies, one at 9AM and one at 3PM. Luckily for me I was in the afternoon one because it was POURING rain all morning and the 1,500 graduates in the first ceremony didn't get to walk, have their names called, or hear any of the speeches - it was terrible! It was still questionable during the 3PM ceremony if we would get to walk because it was raining off and on, but luckily Mother Nature took a break so I didn't have to go gradzilla on anyone.


Here are some of my favorite pictures from graduation, it was such a great day! Our keynote speaker was Ruben 'Hurricane' Carter who gave a really great speech and even brought his trophy belts haha.

My Best Friend Stephanie and I :)
Mother Nature and her daunting clouds! Luckily I had a cute umbrella to carry that day!
Christina, Emily, and I - Freezing our butts off because we were all wet from the rain! Plus we had to sit on the edge of our chairs because they had puddles of water in them!
Getting ready to go up and get my named called.
YAY! I did it! :)
So happy it's not raining and we are going to get food soon.
My family!

So here's to reminicing about a great day, a day that I will remember forever! Congrats to this year's Class of 2009!

-Katie

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Before you know it you'll be saying "I graduated from college ten years ago today..."

That would be me! I graduated from college ten years ago. My mom reminded me of that the other day. Eeeeek.

LWLH said...

Aww I can't wait till I graduate..

jlc said...

Yay for cute umbrella and your hair looked gorgeous!