Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gym Freak of the Week

For the longest time I've been giving this week's freak the benefit of the doubt. Thinking to myself, "Okay, there is no way he is really doing this on purpose" but now it is clear, after seeing him do it a handful of times, that yes he is in fact a freak.

Ladies and Gents, I present to you: Mr. I like to sit on a towel in my swimsuit next to the spa at the gym and read a novel - yet I never go in the pool or spa, nor do I exercise.
I've seen him do this on at least 5 different occasions, and finally, I had to rule him into the Freak category. I mean really? You pay for a gym membership to SIT next to the pool on the hard cement to read a book??? At least go into the treadmill room and run while reading or something, or maybe he just thinks he is doing some sort of exercising my osmosis (made that up) and just by being around others who are burning calories he will too??

I don't get it. But I guess that is why he is a freak and I am not... haha

-Katie

7 comments:

LWLH said...

lol...I bet he acts like he is at the beach! :)

Annie said...

oh man, too funny!
i can relate to this one...i used to go to the gym with a good friend of mine, the entire time i worked out she would walk very slowly around the track reading a magazine...at least she wasn't sitting but still i thought we met at the gym to work out together. that was her routine, so i had to do my own ;)

Unknown said...

Haha this sounds like something I would do...it makes you feel like you are working out so that you can sleep at night haha

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

So weird....how old is he? Maybe he thinks he's going to meet the ladies that way?! Haha! FREAK

Erin said...

ha! that is really weird. my gym membership is definitely not used on relaxation haha!

Maryellen said...

Well, at least he's a well read freak. I wonder what he's reading...I'm picturing a science fiction novel.

:)

Anonymous said...

eek!
I would be afraid he were stalking me or someone there..numerous people...with a membership no doubt too?!?!?

nasty