Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy Busy Weekend!

This weekend was my weekend off for the month from work, so Josh and I made sure to make it worth while!

On Friday night when I got off of work I headed to the gym, then came home and we had some yummy BBQ Chicken and Potatoes :) then we relaxed and watched some shows off of our DVR. Although it sounds uneventful and boring, it was probably one of my favorite parts of this weekend haha.

On Saturday we got up and got ready to go to San Francisco! I've been wanting to go for a few weeks now, but we've been too busy with all of the moving chaos. So we finally were able to go on Saturday!

It was pretty foggy driving across the Golden Gate Bridge!
When we got to SF we had lunch at Bistro Burger, which was Deeeeeeeeelish!
Then of course we had to make a stop at Vera Bradley! Can you tell how excited Josh is? At this point we had probably been in the store for almost an hour hahah
We walked around downtown a bit, visiting the essentials: Anthropologie, Crate and Barrel, and of course Bloomingdales!
:)
After our shopping adventure in SF we drove home [read: Josh drove home while I napped] and we went out to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner! On our way home we stopped by the grocery store and picked up some ice cream then headed home to have dessert, watch some tv, and do some laundry.

Sunday Josh had tryouts for a semi-professional Roller Hockey Team, so we spent half of Sunday at the rink. I read my book, and Josh got sweaty haha.
After tryouts we headed home to my parents to visit with them and to see our dog Bo, he had to have hip surgery on Friday, so I had to go home and see him. I felt so bad! He had a big cone on his head and was all zoned out on drugs :(

After dinner Sunday we headed home and went right to bed, seriously, after a long weekend, nothing is better than your own bed!

Hope you all had fabulous weekends as well!

-Katie

12 comments:

Iva Messy said...

aww looks like so much fun!! I LOVE SF!! :) yay for SF :) I hope Bo is ok!!

Jessica said...

SO jealous! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and good luck to Josh!

LWLH said...

Sounds like a great weekend and tell Josh I am totally digging the mohawk! :)

Annie said...

what a perfect weekend!!
jealous of all that shopping you got to do!
you two are so cute :)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

what a good guy to hang with you on the shopping trip!!

thats a keeper!

xo

Hailey HRH said...

agreed about your own bed girl! its absolutely great. and we went ot a 3 story crate & barrel store this weekend - LOVE IT.

looks like you had a great weekend off.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! You did have a busy weekend! I'll be in SF in January!!! So jealous of you right now!

Did he do well at the tryout?

Sarah said...

Wow the bridge is foggy! I hope the weather got nicer. Not that it matters when you were busy hitting up all those shops! =]

Jon and Steph said...

San Fransisco, how fun! Looks like you had a great time shopping and your husband was a trooper for sure ;)

Glad you had a great weekend! And I'm with you, sometimes laying around during the weekends is the best!

Heather said...

love crate and barrel! I have never been to bloomingdales, so fun!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

What an awesome weekend! The Vera store looks SO fun. Did you see Vera on Rue La La today? I'm eying a Lisa B bag in Pinwheel Pink.

Jules said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and SF sounds like so much fun. It looks like you got a lot of shopping in :)

I love relaxing nights at home with the hubby and just catching up on stuff that is on the DVR, so I completely know what you mean.