Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gym Freak of The Week

Yesterday as I was swimming laps I started to feel a bit discouraged that I hadn't had any Gym Freak of The Week experiences yet, but then I had to reassure myself that I was jumping the gun, seeing as how it was only Tuesday.

I swear, not even two minutes later the Freak Gods heard me and they provided. I had just finished my cool down laps, and was getting ready to get out of the pool. I came up from the water, took my goggles and cap off, and started to reach for my Nalgene bottle when out of no where I hear the lyrics of Elvis resonating throughout the pool house (which apparently has pretty good acoustics).

I look around and see a man in his early 40's sitting in the hot tub, just belting out Elvis's Blue Moon at the top of his lungs. Now, there isn't anything wrong with singing, but I hardly doubt I'm alone in thinking this is abnormal behavior for a public gym setting, right?

Thank you Mr. Elvis Singer for keeping Gym Freak of the Week alive and strong. At this point, people like you are my motivation to go to the gym, for pure entertainment rather than the exercise.

Aside from my Gym Freak story I wanted to let all of you know that I'm guest blogging today for Ivy at Little Woman, Little Home while she is on vacation! She is one of my favorite bloggers and if you haven't already, you should really check her blog out!

-Katie

7 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Oh my, that is so strange! Who does that???

I love Ivy! She's one of my fav's too!! I'll definitely stop by for your guest post ;)

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I don't know what I like more, the stories or your illustrations. :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! I love that. wow! What a creeper, that's for sure not proper gym etiquette.

Jen McCrady said...

that's histarical!

Hailey HRH said...

omg that is too funny! great cartoon btw.

Unknown said...

totally funny!

Iva Messy said...

HI! I'm swinging by to say hello from your guest blog today! :)

great job! :)

I'm from the SF area too

<3

Iva