Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weekend Adventures!

Wow, weekend updates pushed back to Wednesday?? What is this nonsense??

Warning: another picture heavy post haha

On Saturday Josh and I went to Oakland to see the Disney Christmas Carol Train Tour! We heard about it on the news, and it was free, so we thought "why not?!" It was basically 4 huge Amtrak train cars all renovated with high tech stuff that displayed the behind the scenes stuff of the new Christmas Carol Movie.


There was a huge line, as if we were actually at Disneyland...
... but they had entertainment!
I could never ride a unicycle, let alone juggle while riding one
Can you tell how excited Josh is to be there? haha
Talent!
Oakland Bay, looking towards SF
They even had a blow up movie theater and fake snow! (my inner child was so excited)
The Train!
Jim Carrey as Scrooge!
Original Christmas Carol Book!
Costumes that the animation people used to draw from.
One whole train car had huge flat screens lining it with pictures from the movie
Face replicas!
Model of Big Ben
More Models
Scrooge's Office Model
The actors would wear this suit in order for the computers to record their movements
And have funny dots put all over their faces
Another car was covered all over with screens of the making of the film
And of course Christmas isn't complete without a fireplace! This whole train car smelled like Gingerbread, it was so neat!!
Christmas Dinner Feast
Some lady took our picture, and FAILED.
Me with the Train!

Since we were going to drive by IKEA on the way back home I had to make Josh stop :) They were having the 50% off sale, so I got a really cute picture frame with prints in it for the half bath in our new house, along with some cereal bowls, a wisk, and a new bathroom cup.
Then we drove back home and Josh decided we should go on a date!! So we went to my favorite Italian restaurant in Santa Rosa, and then went to the movies to see The Hangover (which was pretty funny!)!
We haven't been on a date night in forever, so it was really fun :)


After the movies I decided I wanted dip n dots, and of course McD's sells them, so we went to the drive through to find out that the McD's near our house doesn't have them, wtf?? So we just went home and had chocolate milk instead haha.
Sunday we went on all of our errands early because it was supposed to be 104 out, and then we came home and ate lunch and then layed by the pool with my friend Stephanie for a little while. After that we came back to the house, took showers, and lounged around for a while.

The Disney Train Tour is making 40 stops total so if it's in a town near you I suggest going to see it! It's not AMAZING, but it was good free entertainment to get out of the house :)

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!


-Katie

11 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! I reaaallyyyy enjoyed reading your post haha:) It's my favorite time of the year! I actually listened to some christmas music on my way home Monday...although I'm not sure that's something I should tell people haha! They might think I'm crazy! Glad you had such a good weekend and date nights are so fun!

Maryellen said...

I didn't even know there was going to be a new Christmas Carol. That's awesome!

As usual you had a really fun weekend. You and Josh are very sweet together.

RCaitlin said...

I didn't know there was another Christmas Carol coming either! Very informative! Glad you had a great time

Unknown said...

Totally cool I can't believe you didn't invite me! RUUUUDE

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love me some IKEA! And I love how they pulled out the Christmas wreaths for the light posts already!

Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun said...

Hi!

I found your blog over on Crazy Shenanigans, and LOVE IT! It looks like ya'll had fun on your adventure :)
Mr. Top Gun and I love adventures too, and we are about to have an adventure to Japan soon...

I invite you to check my little ol' blog out!

Cheers,

Mrs. Top Gun

Shoshanah said...

McDonald's sells dippin dots? Seriously? I had no idea!

I also didn't know they were making a new Christmas Carol movie. It looks like it will be fun though

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Annie said...

You two are so cute!
Glad you had a fun weekend! :)

LWLH said...

I want to see that :)
Too bad it wont be in FL till Oct.

Rachel said...

I love Ikea! We just went this weekend! It was overwhelming.