Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Placenta... really??

I recently decided to switch shampoos so I headed over to the local beauty supply store to check out what they had. While browsing the aisles, I came across something that stopped me dead in my tracks...

PLACENTA in a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so stunned and grossed out, I had to ask the girl who was working if this stuff was for real, and if people really use it - to which she confirmed that YES people with severely damaged hair use this stuff to make it just like new again. GROSS!

My hair would have to be pretty disastrous to make me go down to the beauty supply store and PAY for placenta and then rub it in my hair!!! So gross. Have any of you ladies had to resort to this kind of hair treatment??! I'm gagging just thinking about it!

In other news, I have today and tomorrow off, so I am really looking forward to getting some errands done, relaxing, going to the gym, and getting my first pedicure EVER!

Happy Tuesday!

-Katie

9 comments:

Annie said...

EW!! that is nasty!

your first ever pedicure!! how exciting!! you are going to LOVE IT! :) enjoy your days off girly!

Jon and Steph said...

That's disgusting! I've never heard of this before..... so strange!

Jen McCrady said...

EWWWWWW!!!!!

have fun at your first pedicure! you'll be hooked!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ew ew ew!!!! However, I'm wondering how much it is! I mean really who pays for that! Grossness!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for FINALLY getting a pedicure!!

Maryellen said...

I rub placenta in my hair all the time. Just kidding. That's really nasty.

Enjoy your days off and your pedicure. Do you think they'll carry your favorite color?

Christa Elizabeth said...

Ew! How do you find this stuff Katie?

Lis said...

WHOA!!! Seriously!! ICK... I have the heeby jeebies just thinking about placenta hair products! Ugh!

So, on a MUCH better note... how much did you LOVE the pedicure!??! Are you hooked?

LWLH said...

Yuck...if you ever see me puttin placenta in my hair, please punch me in my face....gross.