Monday, February 23, 2009

Shop till you Drop!

So this weekend (as if I'm not busy enough as it is) I get a wild idea to go to SF and go shopping, AGAIN! haha I love SF and I love Shopping, so what could be better than putting the two of them together?

After a quick breakfast and getting ready, Josh and I were on our way with Rhonda (GPS) chanting out orders at every on ramp and freeway change. An hour later we had arrived! We handed the Jetta over to the Valet in the parking garage and were on our way.

Now let me tell you, I love going to SF, but one problem is the weather, its always cold, or rainy or whatever the case may be, but this time, let me tell you... the weather was FABULOUS! I only had on a lite zip-up and I was perfect, not too hot, not too cold.

On this particular trip i was trying to find more clothes to spice up my work wardrobe because I feel like I am wearing the same thing all of the time -- boring! So our first destination was the 3 story Forever 21, being a huge fan of deals and cute clothes, this seemed like the best option. Sadly, I walked away empty handed after I realize I just can't pull off the dress/shirt with spandex tights look.

We made a few detours to Urban Outfitters and Sephora before finally making it to the Mecca of Shopping: The Market Street Westfield Shopping Center. Once inside I went straight to American Eagle, my mission was to buy another pair of clearance sweats that I had bought a few weeks ago in Pink, and are amazingly soft. Of course, the table where they were previously displayed now has t-shirts on it, but a nice sales associate went in the back and found me two pairs of the clearance sweats in my size, although I wanted grey, I ended up with Navy and Black, but hey... clearance shoppers can't be choosers.

The View, the picture can't even capture all of the floors!!!


I'm also a huge fan of American Eagle's Cami tanks, and they usually just have the staple colors like black, white, and navy... but this time they had a bright blue and a really pretty soft baby green, so I opted for the green once to spice up my life a bit. Add on a bright pink scarf to the order and I was ready to check out! Once at the check out, another nice sales associate informs me that the $15 cami's are on sale 2 for $20, and of course, I couldn't pass this deal up- so I snatched the bright blue one and was really on my way, I promise!

Next Joshy and I grabbed lunch at Rubios, a cheap yet delish meal to satisfy my hunger and fuel me for the remainder of our expedition.

We then made our way around and around the many levels of the mall, making our next stop at the PINK store by Victoria's Secret. Now, as I'm sure you know, many Victoria's Secret stores have a PINK section, but let me make this clear, this is a WHOLE STORE devoted to PINK merchandise, so I was in heaven. I snagged some panties on the 5 for $25 sale, and picked out a cute white zip up hoodie that has a picture of a sunset on the back for $39, I had $50 in gift cards, so I only had to pay a few extra bucks to get my goods.

I have been in need of a new pair of shoes for quite some time. I always wear my chuck's but they are kinda beat up and the white on them is now off white, and I always feel like they make a nice outfit look grungy. I knew I wanted a pair of Van's and since I had a Nordstrom's gift card, I figured this would be a great time to seize the opportunity to get new/free shoes. So I tried on two different sizes, and settled on the size 7's, as per the recommendation by my Shoe Dept. Associate -Shuking (pronounced Shoe King) Ironic? I think not. She was very nice, but kept bringing me random shoes I didn't ask for in an effort to try to up-sell me, but sadly for Shuking, I just wanted some $40 vans.

I paid for the shoes and we were on our way to the restrooms, which are located on the 5th floor of Nordstrom's, which is also the 7th or 8th floor of the mall. Side Note: Josh is deathly afraid of heights/escalators, and I find this absolutely hilarious. So we are on our way to the top when I say hey lets cruise through BP and see if there is anything cute, and of course I find a cute skirt that I had to have, bought it, and continued on our way. As we are embarking up the many escalators Josh is literally gripping my hand, and as we went on to one of them I just walked on a forgot to hold his hand and he like freaked out cause I was too far ahead of him hahaha.

Josh being Scared!


Moving on, after our potty break, I was pretty much done with the mall, so we walked around Union Square briefly and then decided to head home. When we got back from SF we went grocery shopping and then went home and made some soup and relaxed while watching some COPS.

So overall, the trip was amazing, I got a lot of really cute things, my bank account is nearly depleted, but I am a happy girl and had wonderful time with Joshy.

Happy Monday! (not!)

-Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I just say...you are crazy lady! I can't believe you just wrote about the mall haha. you are obsessed! But I love it!